Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kids After the Hols

Now that the holiday’s over, things got back to routine. Back to school for my older children and back to kindy for my Hanis. Well, last week was a difficult week for me - having to listen to Hanis’s crying “Nak Ibu, Nak Ibu” everytime I dropped her off at the kindergarten. And it broke my heart to pieces everytime she did that.

But today in the car she smiled and sang to the tune of her favorite song - Sunday-Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday (that’s actually the complete lyrics of the whole song!) Can you imagine me listening to this song over-and-over again for like 10 times before reaching her kindy! Every single day. She refused to listen to anything else. Tak jemu pulak tu.

My Haifa got her first shot at school last week. That was an immunization injection given to Standard One students at school. She came running to me with tears in her eyes when I reached home that day and told me her sob story...
"Sakitlah Ibu tangan Haifa dua-dua ni..."
"Macamana Haifa nak buat punch untuk exam taekwondo nanti? Tak boleh lah Ibu..."
"Ibu, macamana Haifa nak buat backstroke swimming nanti.. tangan Haifa sakit ni"
"Ibu, Haifa rasa Haifa tak boleh pegang racquet squash lah Ibu, tangan Haifa sakit sangat ni. Tengok ni"
I said to her that the pain would go off in a few days.
She said, "I don’t think so lah Ibu, tengok ni, tangan Haifa tak boleh angkat ni.. sakit" And she showed me her muka sedih.
I said "Nanti Ibu sapu minyak Mustajab, nanti baik"
Two days later she was up and running, as if nothing ever bothered her at all. Haifa...Haifa...

Today my Hanna got her shot – given to the Standard Six pupils at school. She called me up just now telling me that she cried after getting the jab. So painful she said. I think that was the Rubella injection. I remember getting this shot when I first arrived in the States in 1986. It was painful... and many of the International Students there with me fainted, I mean they fainted before getting those injections!!

My Hasya has been asking me for another cupcake making and deco session. I know that I've promised the girls. Been dillydallying it for months already. And now they've been 'harassing' me. I think I better give in. At least I can bring those cupcakes during my Haziq and Husna's school party this weekend.

In the meantime, I'm trying hard to finish reading Sophie Kinsella's two books before I got to watch the Confessions of a Shopaholic movie. I hope I will finish them in time.

A marathon reading for me!

16 comments:

MAMAMIA said...

Masa darjah 1, belum kena injection lagi, I dah demam!!! Tak da lah kena inject hari tu....

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Oh Mamamia pandai ngelat ya! Actually I pun sama. Masa darjah 6 - demam jugak, so tak kena inject... Happy gila!

Mum and Roses said...

Ibu, where do you find time for reading two books??? Now you mention it, I also want to watch this Confession of Shopaholic movie, is it expected to be good?
In the car, I have to beg my children to let me listen to the radio, otherwise it's the same song over and over. Now they are into the song "there's an old lady who swallowed a fly..."

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Mum and Roses,
I'm still at page 43 of the first book. I'm gonna finish it tonite, so no FBing tonite for me!

A friend of mine has seen it and she loved it. Let's see whether I could finish the books.. kalau tak sempat, I think I'll watch the movie dulu lah... baca later...( pessimist?)

Lee said...

Hello Ibu, you are really very eloquent in your postings.
Always a pleasure reading your postings, as well your style.
Outstanding Ibu!
Have fun, Lee.

yus said...

Ja,
I can relate to you regarding your kids.Seronok dgr pe'el depa.I nak share dgn you cara nak ubat Hanis and her anxiety about school.I dah cuba dgn my 3 kids, and also I ajar some friends. Alhamdulillah dgn izin Allah, berkesan.Ni tok bomoh tak rasmi yg ajar I. You kutip a few pebbles/batu2 kecil dari kawasan tadika,odd numbers(5 or 7 wld be good), then some from your house compound (same number, also odd numbers). Basuh bersih2 dan masukkan dalam bath tub or besen waktu mandikan Hanis. You baca selawat ke atas Nabi 3 kali dan mandikan dia dgn jirus ubun kepala dulu.Ulang beberapa kali dalam seminggu, then tgk hasilnya. Kalau dia still tunjuk tak gemar pergi tadika tu, ulang2 lagi beberapa kali. My kids semua I resort to cara tu sbb the first few days asyik menangis sakan. especially nina masa she was 2 yrs old dulu. After 1 week, she was like tak sabar2 nak pergi sekolah. Even Niza sekarang ni, kalau I kata esok tak payah pi sekolah sbb I kena outstation ka, dia menangis nak pergi.."but mum..I want to go to school..I love school". what a contrast masa 1st week dulu. You try ye Ja? I doakan Hanis cepat menjadi..aminnn...

Ibunim said...

Ja,
Injection was ok for me..So far the kids was ok. Auni and Zhafri dont have any problem with them..(geng kebal sakit). But Amir, is yet to be seen..Tiga kali kena jahit, should be kebal jugak kot...

abgdaie said...

Kak Ja,

Benda lain tak pa,jarum adik surrender!!Kak Ja,bukak la blog adik,bagi komen sket...penat adik buat pasu tu....

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Hi U.Lee,
I'm still waiting for your book to come out !

Have a great weekend :)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Salam Yus,
TQVM for the tips, dear. Tunggu sampai after another long holidays then only I can try it coz now Hanis dah OK. I bet she'll be like that again lepas cuti lama nanti.

Kalau mak dia yg segan nak masuk keja, boleh buat jugak dak??

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Ibunim,
Amir the 'king'!! Dah 3 kali kena jahit tu kira dah cukup haul kot..hehehe...

Heard about the posting. Whatz the decision?

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Daie!!
Pasu tu Daie buat ka? Juai ka? Ka hobby saja?? Nih Kak Ja bagi tabik sprring... How long does it take to make one? Banyak nak tanya ni... bila nak mai rumah?

yus said...

I pun tak teringat ttg tu. I should try on myself first. Haa..mula2 cari batu kat depan ofis I dulu..kah! kah! kah!...

tireless mom said...

Dear DDI

Hanis reminds me of Ali. He was like that at kindergaten too. It lasted for the whole year when he was 5 years old. Such a heavy heart to leave him everytime I sent him off.

Was hunting for the DVD of Confession of a Shopaholic at Jakarta but not out yet. Interested to watch too. Just watched Meg Ryan's and Ann Benning's "Women". Hilarious.

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Yus,
Let me know after you've tried, ok..hahaha..

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear TM,
Now Hanis is back to normal. Wait until another long holidays, then I'll have to go thru this again.

So "Women" was good, eh? Gotta find the DVD lah macam ni. I love Meg Ryan :)