Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Manchester United Asia Tour 2009

No, I’m not a football fan. And I don’t watch any football matches on TV except when Dear Hubby persuaded me to sit with him in front of the TV while he watched the Chelsea dudes doing their things. I know a few of the Clubs names and their players, but that was it. My knowledge on footballs stops there.

So when the second match between Malaysia XI and Manchester United was announced after the cancellation of the MU-Indonesia match, Dear Hubby was initially keen to go but somehow changed his mind later. It was when we went to Bukit Jalil on Sunday for the girls’ swimming lessons that we decided to go.

You know why? The booth selling the match tickets was right in front of the National Aquatic Center! Eh, macam, nak suruh pegi saja! Dear Hubby asked the girls, siapa nak ikut? Only Hasya was interested. So after swimming a good number of laps, took a shower and performed his solat, Dear Hubby went outside and got into the queue. It apparently took him an hour to get to the counter, and bought the 3 tickets.

After coming back from work yesterday, Hasya came to me – Ibu, I have no Baju Merah lah Ibu. I said – Oh Hasya sokong MU lah ya, not Malaysia? I only got a sengih from her. Of course I didn’t have any with MU or Nike-AIG t-shirts for her to wear, so I took out her red F1 Ferrari t-shirt. At least she got to wear it this year since we didn’t get to watch F1 last April (..huhuhu..). Anyway, Hasya’s mother decided to be neutral – so she opted for brown! Malaysia boleh, MU pun boleh!

We were running late and had to have a quick bite of 1901 hot dogs while waiting for the green at the traffic light. Managed to get to the stadium in time... and here’s the first pic we took while at the gate entrance :

Hasya, Mr and Mrs Engku Emran and Dear Hubby (cropped!)

The big screen

Malaysia XI players on the big screen

MU players on the big screen

United before the game, Owen : 4th from left

O'Shea and Berbatov

Ferdinand, Rooney and Anderson

Macheda and Evra

Fletcher and Jonny Evans

**note : I'm not sure of all the names... belasah sajalah!

"Hmmmhh... how come there are only 5 balls? I thought we brought in 50?

Malaysia XI and United - grand entrance

Malaysia XI, Malaysia Boleh!

United We Stand

The players - Malaysia XI and MU

Giggs after taking the corner

O'Shea - taking the alcohol test - walking the line ..hehe..

SexyBack... oops... Tosic's back

Seconds before Owen scored a goal. You can see my excitement juz by looking at how 'sharp' this pic is!

Owen (again) after an unsuccessful attempt

Sir Alex, the Man!

Malaysian youngsters, post-game. Okaylah tu - First game 3-2, now 2-0. Yang mahal tu experience!

We left the Stadium Nasional Bukit Jalil at 11:15pm, reached our housing area at around 11:40pm and had a late night snack at Kayu for its Roti Telur Bawang.

Conclusion : I enjoyed the game. Hasya did too. She said that she didn’t know that football game could be that interesting. Dear Hubby said that the match wasn’t as good as the first match he saw on TV on Saturday, but still, it was not bad after all ....

17 comments:

mamasita said...

Waah DDI..rajinnya you pergi tengok the match..so cool!
I am so very proud of our Malaysian Football Team..they must have really fought hard to try and win..diaorang tahu bukan senang nak lawan a gigantic team like MU tapi they did it..bravo Malaysia Boleh!

Lee said...

Hello Ibu, wow, nice gambars. I love watching football. Used to ne a Wolverhampton Wanderers fan back when I was in England studying.
Tetapi disini semua gila tak makan tidur Ice Hockey and Baseball and basketball.
And all the players are multi-millionaires.

One basketball player just signed a contract for $50 MILLION to play for 5 years.
Thats Rgt 155 million!! Betul gila....ha ha.

They play get all that money, kita kerjah office tolak pen stengah mati, dapat ulcers, nervous breakdown cannot smell even $100,00, ha ha.
Best regards, Lee.

cekmekzue said...

Salam Ja,
for someone who is not a football fan, you sure can write their names there:-)
me, also not a fan but way back student days, masa Gulf war , I think ada world cup masa tu, siap hafal most of the players names esp the Italian,unfortunately now can't remember them!signs of aging?..hihi....

Mum and Roses said...

Handsome, handsome tak the MU players...? terliuk tengok gambar2 ni.. hahaha...

ummisara said...

Amboiiii bersemangat nih anak beranak.... mak nuetral, anak MU, bapak? hehehehe

the closest view that i got of MU players + Alex Furgeson was in 1999they arrived at Manchester Airport after their treble victory.

Tuh pun secara kebetulan...siap snapped gambor but frm afar lah

yus said...

Ja,
yang paling mahai gambaq hasya dgn erra and husbandnya lah, kan? kan?
:)

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Aunty Ja,

La, kasi crop pulak the picture, I thought my mata tak betul--nama empat orang, orangnya, three!

Good to see we didn't get smacked thaaat badly in that game! Lol...=)

Ibunim said...

Ja..I was MU fan back in UK time. Teringat I was so thrilled to have met their capt..Bryan Robson at a friens's place then sampai tak basuh tangan a few days coz dapat salam with him...hehehe..

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Mamasita,
I pun dah kembang semangkuk tengok depa fight. So proud of them I was. Eventhough not as good as the first match (people say lah), they still tried hard. Such young boys!

Kalau I, dok berdepan dgn sorang MU pun I dah kecut perut. Ini the whole team, terus pengsan I kot. That was why it so hilarious when in 2 occasions Rooney sigung/sekeh 2 M'sian players - terus terguling2 depa dibuatnya! LOL!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear U.Lee,
Canadians - can't be separated from ice hockey especially! Billionaires pun ada, I suppose?

Wow, $50 million for 5 years?????
My God, such a lucky devil! You see, some people have all the luck... but who knows, maybe he's more stressed than ordinary people like us..

Have a great weekend U.Lee. I never missed reading your entries!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Zue,
I guess as we aged, we tend to forget what seemed to be so important to us back then. Like fishing and I. Such passion I had in fishing. But now... yilek!

Hahaha.. tak dak lah. I main agak saja the players name. Tu pun salah teka sorang. Nasib baik ada yg tolong betulkan ;)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Mum and Roses,
Hehehe... yg I nampak cute tu Owen lah. The young Macheda has a sweet smile.

Tunggu your Emir besar sikit nanti mesti dia nak 'heret' you pi tengok football games. The time will come :)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Edelweiss,
Bapak pakai baju merah.. tak sempat nak rikki t-shirts kat situ malam tu.

Mesti nak pi lagi nih lepas ni.

** cantik kain kasa rubiah tu. Ada gambar lagi?

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Yus,
Betui-betui... yg tu paling mahai..hahaha! So cantik lah Erra. The first Time I saw her when she was with Awie tahun 1995 kot kat The Mall. Lepas tu masa company dinner, still dgn Awie. But this time the closest and paling lama dgn dia.

Such a handsome couple. Mr EEmran so tall one! And a smoker!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Got you there..Daphne!

Mr DDI wants to remain anonymous lah..hehehe...

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Ibunim, Double WOW! Shook hands lagi... party mana did you go?? Your friend must be a somebodylah mcm tu ;)

Did you take any pictures? Isshhh... rugi kalau tak amik!

ummisara said...

Kak Ja DDI

nanti i snap lagi ya.. :)