Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm 43

First off, I’d like to thank all my family, relatives and friends who sent me Birthday wishes and prayers via Facebook, emails, SMSes and calls. Thank you sooo much.... I really appreciate your thoughts and do’as :)

Yeap, I turned 43 three days ago, 15th August. And Alhamdulillah, I feel great about it. I feel truly blessed for being given the chance to continue my journey in life with my loved ones for the past years and many years to come, insyaallah. And I pray that the life of my loved ones and friends be filled with Good health, Happiness, Love, Success, Umur panjang, great Rezeki and showered with Berkat and Imaan. May all of us be blessed in all areas in life. Ameen...

OK, what did I do on my birthday?

Well, the Saturday started off early in the day with Dear Hubby and I doing our marketing at Pasar Tani Kelana Jaya. Then went to my office to get the birthday gifts I left in my office drawer for my maid Tini who happened to share the same birthday with me.... only she’s 20 years younger...hahaha... Rushed home to fetch the girls for their taekwondo class, left them with the Master, did some errands and had brunch at the ever-so-packed restaurant.

I saw something I haven’t eaten for years – pulut+kelapa-parut+ikan masin. Not my favorite though... but I suddenly had this vision of my Mak’s cooking and this was one of the menus she‘d usually do when requested by Ayah. I’m not a pulut eater, so I couldn’t finish it. While pushing the plate away, I suddenly went blurry eyed. Teringat Mak pulak ...huhuhu...

Went back to the complex to get the girls, got home, showered etc and left for Bukit Jalil National Squash Center to meet up with the Squash Queen– Nicol David! Hanna, Hasya and Haifa were so excited to see the World’s no1 (I'll put some pix in my next post).

Went to Amcorp Mall straight from Bukit Jalil to check out some ‘things’ for my birthday gifts. Didn’t materialize tho’, instead we ended up buying some DVDs and had an early dinner at Salero Negori.

Came home, bought 2 cakes (one for me and one for Tini the maid), showered etc and had the ‘cake cutting ceremony’ at 9pm.

I was dead tired when my head hit the pillow that night. But I couldn’t help smiling when I realized how great it was to be able to do all these. Syukur came to mind. Syukur Alhamdulillah for the opportunities given to me - to taste the sweetness or the bitterness in what life has to offer, with great companies to share them with.

(I think I didn’t imagine having a few more of those crow’s-feet when the clock struck 12 to mark the end of my special day, but I'm pretty sure I fell asleep that night wearing a smile).

Oh, here’s an excerpt from the 14-A4pages birthday ‘card’ given by my cheeky Haifa:
You are my Stars
You are my Heart
You are my Love
You are my Moon
You are my Flowers
You are my Butterflies
You are my Sun
You are my Dragonflies
You are my Diamond
You are my Camera
--- aiik?
You are my Everything
(Ibu, masa Haifa punya birthday, please belikan icecream cake. Selepas tu, belikan Rabbit, Cat, Hamster, Parrot, Bird, Fish, Burung Pipit and Frog)

LOL!

24 comments:

mamasita said...

Happy Belated Birthday DDI..I didn't know birthday you was on the 15th August..takreti facebook..I want you to know that even though kita kenal each other only kat Cyberspace I tahu you're one of the nicest friend, a very loving wife and an utterly beautiful mum..and a 'manja' daughter..hehe

May Allah Bless You with lots of good health and continuous happiness always!

Puteri's territory said...

Hi, I'm a follower of your blog but has been a silent reader since.
Just to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday and may you have more wonderful years ahead.

Sakinah said...

Dear Ja,

Happy belated birthday to you. May Allah gives you lots of happiness, excellent health, successful in life, and importantly abundance of love to share with people around you.

Sakinah

cekmekzue said...

SalamJa,
wishing you happy belated birthday!May Life ALways Be gentle with you, May it be filled with happiness,laughter , good health and everything nice. Dunno about yoou, but my uban, makin obvious...:-)hope to age gracefully, slowly but surely........semoga panjang umur, murah rezeki...
and wish your maid, happy b'day too and hopefully she'll be a good employee to a nice employer like you.....

ummisara said...

Kak Ja,

Selamat Hari Lahir...Semoga dipanjangkan umur, dimurahkan rezeki, dikurniakan kesihatan yang baik, dilimpahi kebahagian bersama keluarga dan dipanjangkan jodoh bersama suami hingga ke akhir hayat..... :)

eh apa u nyer facebook id?

tireless mom said...

Hi Ja

Happy birthday to you, sweet 43. May you be blessed with rezki, love, happiness and good health.

Alala... cutenya lah Haifa.

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Mamasita,
TQ for the kind wishes and words. Makbullah hendaknya tu... :)

Jom lah Facebook. Tapi baik2 takut ketagih nanti.... Many of my friends ketagih main games..hahahaha!

wanshana said...

Salams Ja,

Happy Belated Birthday, dear :)

Glad you had a great time on your birthday.

And Haifa - so sweet! Sempat nak bodek Ibu, before request for her birthday prezzies! Hahahah! Priceless :)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Puteri,
TQ for the do'a. And TQ for leaving your 'paws' here :)

I've been to your blog. My tabik to you - I've always admired teachers you know.... macamanalah teachers boleh sabar? I nak ajar Peter n Jane kat anak I pun cepat sungguh suara tu naik tinggi!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Sakinah dear,
TQ for your do'as. Ameen.

How time flies. I can still remember my 25th birthday... macam semalam saja...hahahaha....

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Zue, TQ for the do'as dear :)

Same herelah Zue. My uban tumbuh banyak sungguh since Feb this year... macam dibaja-baja! I wish I could be like my dad yg uban baru tumbuh bila dah 60s.

Have you called Yus? I x sempat lagi nak call dia. Do you know that she's on a 3mo unpaid leave to take care of her ailing father? Berlinang ayaq mata I bila dapat email reg this... Such a devoted daughter... I really admire her patience n courage!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Chek Edekweiss,
TQ na. Moga2 makbui semua tu. Semoga kita semua be happy, successful, in good health and diberkati Allah selalu.

Awat tak update gambaq kain?

FB ID jeng jeng jeng - hamiza

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Tireless Mom,
TQ for the wishes. 43 sweet lagi ka? Rasanya dah nak jadi cheese dah kot..hahahaha....

Kalau bagi pen and paper kat Haifa... agaknya dia boleh tulis satu buku!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Shana dear,
Tu lah Haifa. In fact macam2 lagi dia tulis sampai tergelak2 I baca 14 pages tu!

Minggu ni dia tak i sekolah. So since Monday hari2 dia dok call nak makan Daim cake kat IKEA tu. Nasib baik pagi tadi I check memang ada sekotak dlm fridge. Kalau tak, memang I nak kena ke IKEA jugak2. Hmmhhh.. Haifa..Haifa...

anom said...

Salam Kak Ja.. happy belated birthday!! May Allah blessed you with more happiness and health ;-)

Your Haifa is totally cutela Kak...

cekmekzue said...

Salam Ja,
my hubby pun takdak uban, then again, his hair pun kurang..hihi....

met Yus this morning, she left her umbrella when she came to collect Phineas and Ferbs cupcakes for Nina last nite.I think she's on her way to the hospital. We always exchanged sms . yes she truly is a devoted daughter , looking after her dad.Only last saturday, 8th Aug, we went for a ceramah by Dr Fatma Az-Zahra, masa tu her dad okay lagi.we wish her and her father well,ini semua dugaan utk dia. Allah akan menduga those who are strong enough to face it., just like you and me ( I pun ada dugaan besar tersendiri)Wallahualam.

Chahya said...

DDI aka K.Ja,
Happy Belated Birthday!

yus said...

dear Ja,
though a belated one, I just don'want to miss wishing you a very wonderful 43rd birthday. Happy Birthday, moga panjang umur,murah rezeki dan diberkati Allah seisi keluarga.
I memang dah miskin network skrg ni.harapkan bangteh bok balik notebook yg ada broadband 2 minggu sekali je. kemaruk nak check email dan blog orang...duk kat hospital tu bukan nak boleh buat byk bende sangat, except be handy for my dad. Ja,re: cuti 3 bulan tu, toksahla kata mcm tu kat I,huhuhu..mola nak belinang ayag mata... kalau u duk tempat I pun, sure you akan buat yg sama. I tak boleh berlengah atau duk pikir2 banyak, my sisters kata depa boleh tunggu 1 week saja. Doktor kata my dad would take months to recover before being released. At least boleh bagi dia dapat duduk semula pun dah good enough. So, what should I do meantime? Takat nak despair, it won't settle the problem. But it was a sad start, my FIL passed away on the same day that my dad jatuh, patah paha, my car kena langgar on the way to carryout my duty a few days later on..hmmm..apa lagi lepas ni? syukur jugak, at least memang I need a break from work. This has been a great and guiltless reason so far, altho no salary...I don't want to think about it. Rezeki Allah dah atur untuk kita,kan? Okey Ja, kalau ada peluang, I jenguk blog you, k? take care

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Anom,
TQ for the wish and do'a :)

Haifa... my manja one!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Hi Zue,
Memang Tahun Uban Naik kot this year!

I read your posting on Dr Fatma. Mesti best dengar ceramah diakan?

It's good that you and Yus dah jadi buddies :) At least kalau apa2 boleh calling2 atau jenguk2....

Selamat Berbuka!

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Chahya,
TQ for the wish & Selamat beriftar :)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

My friend Yus,
Semoga kita semua diberi Allah kesabaran dalam menghadapi dugaan2 mcm ni. Memang jatuh ditimpa tangga, with Pak Tunku's passing and Pak Chop's accident. I was very worried when I heard the news. Did I hear/read it right? Both Father and FIL.. on the same day?

Tapi tu lah Yus, there must be a hikmah behind every happening. Kita kena percaya lagu tu so that we don't go on asking 'Why Me?' Kita dah 'terpilih' to go thru the dugaan.. so kita kena accept the fate and redho. I'm sure you memang redho (like me), that's why we can take things 'ez' despite the unfortunate things that has happened in our lives.

Yus, I'm not bluffing.. I salute you girl! It's easier said than done, that's why your sacrifice is such a great one. Juz remember that Allah knows what's in our heart, ok?

Take care and hope you have a quality time with Pak Chop and your girls :)

yus said...

thanks for the kind words Ja. InsyaAllah, makin okey sikit dah.

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Yus dear,
Hang in there ok girl?